The goal of the EPS curriculum is to teach 100 useful words at each level while reviewing all words covered in the previous course. EPS1 covers 100 words, EPS2 covers 200 words, EPS3 covers 300 words, etc. Students who complete all EPS courses will have learned 600 words. All words were chosen to enable basic conversations. The words chosen for this curriculum are similar to the Dolch 220 but are more aligned with modern Thai culture.
· No cost for Thai public schools (free downloads for non-commercial use).
· Low cost for private schools and commercial tutoring companies.
· All lessons are available in PDF and MS-Word formats on USB flash drives.
· Lessons can be printed or photocopied on A4 paper.
· Lessons can be easily customized with school names and logos.
· Consistent format means all lessons at all grade levels look the same.
· Large print is easy for students and teachers to read.
· Updates and corrections provided at no cost on the California Accent website.
· Every course has clearly stated behavioral objectives.
· Every lesson reinforces vocabulary covered in the previous level.
· Every lesson includes exercises and detailed Instructor Notes.
· Review lessons can be taught after 4 vocabulary lessons.
· Tests can be given after each review lesson.