EPS5 is designed to teach 500 English words to Thai students in Prathom 5 (5th grade). It can also be used to teach English to older students or adults who want to improve their English skills. Each vocabulary lesson has exercises that encourage students to read, write, pronounce, and translate 20 words. Although the focus of this course is vocabulary, the words were chosen for their use in simple conversations. Each lesson also includes a grammar or pronunciation activity. This course builds upon the vocabulary and skills covered in the previous course (EPS4) and prepares students for the last course in the English for Primary School curriculum, EPS6.
EPS5 is targeted for students have successfully completed four years of English classes and are ready to continue learning at the next level. Students who do not meet the minimal prerequisites for this course will have a difficult time meeting the objectives listed below. Before taking this class students should be able to do the following:
· Complete EPS4 (English for Primary School Level 4) or have equivalent experience.
· Read, write, pronounce, and translate approximately 250 common English words.
· Ask and answer questions in spoken English.
· Review and reinforce the 400 vocabulary words that were covered in EPS4.
· Read, write, pronounce, and translate 500 English words. This includes the 400 words that were covered in EPS4 and 100 new words.
· Read, write, pronounce, and translate the months of the year (“January” to “December”).
· Read and translate short sentences using the words covered in this course.
· Correctly use past and future tense in some simple examples.
· Review and reinforce grammar covered in EPS4: regular plurals, punctuation, contractions, future tense.
· Introduce new grammar: irregular past tense, possessive pronouns.
· This course is designed to be taught for one full academic year
· There are 25 vocabulary lessons and five review lessons (30 lessons total).
· Each vocabulary lesson covers twenty words that start with one letter of the English alphabet.
Five words will be new to the students and fifteen were introduced in EPS4.
· There are two pairs of lessons that cover words that use the letters R (AR) and V (VE).
· Each lesson is about 50 minutes long.
· Review lessons can be used after the 6th 12th 15th 19th and 25th vocabulary lessons.
VIEW & DOWNLOAD