This course is designed to teach English to Thai students in Prathom 6 (6th grade). It can also be used to teach English to older students or even adults who want to improve their English skills. The primary goal is to teach students how to read, write, pronounce, and translate 600 commonly-used English words. Although the focus of this course is vocabulary, the words were chosen for their use in everyday conversations. This is the final course in th EPS series.
The course materials assume students have successfully completed five years of English at a public school and are ready to continue learning at the next level. Students who do not meet the minimal prerequisites for this course will have a difficult time meeting the objectives stated below. Before taking this class students should be able to do the following:
· Read, write, pronounce, and translate approximately 100 common English words.
· Ask and answer questions in English.
· Review and reinforce vocabulary covered in EPS5.
· Read, write, pronounce, and translate 600 English words. This includes 500 words that were covered in EPS5 and 100 new words.
· Read, write, pronounce, and translate the months of the year ("January" - "December").
· Read, write, pronounce, and translate sentences using vocabulary covered in this course.
· Translate 50% of the vocabulary covered in this course from English to Thai and from Thai to English in a written test.
· This course is designed to be taught for one full academic year (nominally 40 weeks minus holidays and special events).
· There are 25 vocabulary lessons, 4 review lessons, and 4 tests in this course (33 sessions total).
· Each lesson covers 8 words that start with one letter of the English alphabet. 4 words will be new to the students and 4 of them were introduced in EPS5.
· There are two pairs of lessons that cover words that use the letters R (AR) and V (VE).
· Each lesson is about 50 minutes long, depending on the number of students in the class.
· Students should be given a printed copy of one lesson at the beginning of each class.
· Students should keep all lessons in a plastic notebook provided by their parents.
· Students can practice pronouncing target words using a cell phone (Android or iPhone) with a speech recognition app.
· Review lessons can be used after the 6th 12th 15th 19th and 25th vocabulary lessons.
· Tests can be given after each of the review lessons.
· This course also includes some optional lessons that cover grammatical topics such as the proper use of adjectives and adverbs.
VIEW & DOWNLOAD