English pronunciation courses developed by California Accent are designed to be taught with a smart phone (iPhone or Android) using a speech recognition app or dictionary that can understand spoken English. This technique used to confirm proper pronunciation. Note that most of these apps are designed to recognize American English with a neutral accent, which is sometimes called a "California accent". Many of these apps are available for free and Thai students may already have one on their personal cell phones. One such app that works quite well for this purpose is Line Dict, which is a free add-on available from the Line app store.
Each lesson contains instructions to the teacher or parent who is teaching their students or children how to pronounce English words correctly. Instructor Notes are shown in a blue font on every lesson. These notes are not intended to be read by students. Words and sentrnces intended for students are printed in an easy to read black font.
· Lessons in this curriculum series usually cover 20 target words.
· The teacher will ask each student to pronounce each target word up to three times.
· The teacher will ask each student to pronounce a simple sentence that uses the target word
two or more times.
· Students will speak sentences that use several target words (tongue twisters)
· The teacher will ask each student to pronounce the target words correctly enough for a speech recognition app to recognize.
USB FLASH DRIVE
All Pronunciation courses are available for free download in PDF format, or they can be ordered on a USB flash drive. Flash drives include lessons in MS-Word format as well as additional supplementary files that are not posted on this website. Lessons can be customized with your own logo. You can easily make changes and add new content.