This course is designed to teach English to Thai students in Prathom 3 (3rd grade). It can also be used to teach English to older students or even adults who want to improve their English skills. The primary goal is to teach students how to read, write, pronounce, and translate 300 commonly-used English words. Although the focus of this course is vocabulary the words were chosen for their use in simple conversations. This course also builds the foundation for three subsequent courses ( - ).
The course materials assume students have successfully completed two years of English at a public school and are ready to continue learning at the next level. Students who do not meet the minimal prerequisites for this course will have a difficult time meeting the objectives stated below. Before taking this class students should be able to do the following:
· Complete (English for Primary School Level 2) or have equivalent experience.
· Read, write, pronounce, and translate approximately 100 common English words.
· Ask the teacher simple questions in spoken English.
· Review and reinforce vocabulary covered in .
· Read, write, pronounce, and translate 300 English words.
This includes 200 words that were covered in EPS2 and 100 new words.
· Read, write, and translate short sentences with three to four words.
· Translate 50% of the vocabulary words from English to Thai and from Thai to English.
· Recognize and pronounce simple plural words and contractions.
· This course is designed to be taught for one academic year
(nominally 40 weeks minus holidays and special events).
· There are 25 vocabulary lessons and five review lessons in this course (31 sessions total).
· Each vocabulary lesson covers eight words that start with one letter of the English alphabet.
Four words are new and four were introduced in EPS2.
· Two pairs of lessons cover words that use the letters R (AR) and V (VE).
· Each lesson is about 50 minutes long, depending on the number of students in the class.
· Review lessons can be used after the 5th 10th 15th 20th and 25th vocabulary lessons.
VIEW & DOWNLOAD