This course is designed to teach English to Thai students in Prathom 6 (6th grade). It can also be used to teach English to older students or even adults who want to improve their English skills. The primary goal is to teach students how to read, write, pronounce, and translate 600 commonly-used English words. Although the focus of this course is vocabulary and pronunciation the words were chosen for their use in everyday conversations. This course also covers several important grammartical topics such as possessives and tenses (past, present, and future). This is the final course in the .
The course materials assume students have successfully completed five years of English at a public school and are ready to continue learning at the next level. Students who do not meet the minimal prerequisites for this course will have a difficult time meeting the objectives stated below. Before taking this class students should be able to do the following:
· Complete or have equivalent experience.
· Read, write, pronounce, and translate approximately 300 common English words.
· Ask and answer questions in English.
· Review and reinforce vocabulary covered in EPS5
· Read, write, pronounce, and translate 600 English words. This includes 500 words that were covered in and 100 new words.
· Read, write, pronounce, and translate the months of the year ("January" - "December").
· Read, write, pronounce, and translate sentences using vocabulary covered in this course.
· Translate 50% of the vocabulary covered in this course from English to Thai and from Thai to English in a written test.
· This course is designed to be taught for one full academic year (2 semesters).
· There are 25 vocabulary lessons and 6 review lessons in this course (31 sessions total).
· Each lesson covers 24 words that start with one letter of the English alphabet.
· Four words will be new to the students and 20 of them were introduced in .
· There are two pairs of lessons that cover words that use the letters R (AR) and V (VE).
· Each lesson is about 50 minutes long, depending on the number of students in the class.
· Review lessons can be used after vocabulary lessons 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25.
VIEW & DOWNLOAD